Nova Scotia Nominee Program - Entrepreneur Stream
The Entrepreneur Stream is for experienced business owners or senior business managers who want to live in Nova Scotia. They must start a new business or buy an existing business and must actively participate in the day-to-day management of the business. After operating the business for a year, the entrepreneur may be nominated for permanent resident status. The highest-scoring registrants are invited to apply to the Entrepreneur Immigration stream at periodic intervals, based on the processing capacity of the program.
In order to participate in the Entrepreneur Stream, you (the Principal Applicant) and your Business Partner (if applicable) must meet the minimum requirements.
Minimum Net Worth
- Personal net worth of at least CAD$600,000
- Make an investment of at least CAD$150,000 in the business
- must have at least 3 years experience actively managing and owning a business (1/3 ownership) or more than 5 years experience in a senior business management role.
- Have a minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or, an equivalent foreign credential.
- Must have Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in either English or French
- Must be at least 21 years old
Nova Scotia Nominee Program - Entrepreneur Stream Timeline
Expression of Interest
Entrepreneur has to submit the filled out EOI Form
Invitation to Apply
EOIs with the highest scores are selected and they are sent an Invitation to Apply.
If you received an invitation to apply, you have to submit your complete application online with all your supporting documents and application fees. You also have to appear for In-Person Interview and sign a Performance Agreement.
Temporary Work Permit
If your application is approved, you will be expected to arrive in Nova Scotia within 12 months of receiving your Entrepreneur Approval Letter.
If you are nominated by the Province of Nova Scotia, then it is your responsibility to submit a complete application for a permanent resident visa.